The Learning & Teaching Staff Development Team have developed a comprehensive suite of tools and resources, training and workshops as well as online professional development for both new and experienced academic staff, to facilitate best practice in your academic career development journey. Happy exploring!
Are you ready to plan your teaching development journey?
Click on the headings to the right to explore a world of possibilities and generate your academic boarding pass to your next destination.
Know what type of traveller you are
Find your PLaCE persona and locate teaching development relevant for your role.
Plan your journey
Self-assess where you are at in your teaching journey and discover which road to take with the PLaCE Self-Assessment Tool.
Are you a first time traveller?
If you are new to teaching, then our Beginning to Teach program could be just what you need.
You may also like to visit the New to Teaching website.
Research the ultimate destination
Find all your teaching development needs in one place.
Sign up for some sightseeing and explore at your own pace
There’s loads of self-paced training and modules that can be accessed anytime and you can go at your own pace. Sign up here or via the direct links below. Available year-round.
- Academic Integrity Module for Staff (Foundation)
- Academic Integrity Module for Staff (Advanced)
- Active Learning 1: A starter pack
- Active Learning 2: Advanced
- Design for PowerPoint
- Echo360 Universal Capture
- Enhance your Online Presence
- Feedback for Student Learning
- Foundations for Inclusive Teaching
- iLearn Basics for Unit Convenors
- iLearn – Gradebook
- iLearn for Tutors
- Introduction to MQ’s Curriculum Management System (MQCMS)
- Learning and Teaching Staff Induction Module
- Marking and Giving Feedback
- Online Learning Design for Educators
- Quick Guides for Learning and Teaching
- Technologies and Tools Quick Guides
- Turnitin: Feedback Studio
- Turnitin: Rubrics
- Using iLearn (and other learning technology and tools)
- Zoom for Teaching
Need a travel guide?
We’ll have facilitated workshops and training available at the start of Session 1 next year where our friendly team will guide you through using the different learning technologies: iLearn, Echo360, Gradebook, Turnitin & Feedback Studio. Check Facilitated Workshops on Teche Events in the lead up to S1 to find dates and times.
Curious about what other travellers are doing?
Read the Spotlight on Practice series for insights from Macquarie teaching staff.
Join your fellow travellers
Sign up for a community of practice to travel with like-minded colleagues.
Explore sights further afield
These external professional learning opportunities are highly rated!
- ANU Coffee Courses
- Artificial intelligence education for teachers
- Contemporary Approaches to University Teaching MOOC
- Contract Cheating Detection and Deterrence
- Create Video, audio and infographics for online learning
- Disability awareness
- Foundations of online teaching
- Using Zoom to connect with learners
- Transforming assessment webinar series
- Writing techniques for Advance HE Fellowship
- Coursera for Macquarie
- Linked in Learning
Learn the lingo
Brush up on the scholarly language to describe learning and teaching practice with the ABCs of pedagogy series.
Look your best while travelling
Present your best self while teaching online or when recording welcome videos and lectures with this short video series to present like a pro.
Don’t forget your souvenirs
Gather evidence of your teaching journey as you go.
Reflect on your travels
Reflect on your learning and teaching in the time it takes to make and drink a cuppa with these prompts.
Check the timetable so you can plan your next trip
Check the timetable to see what’s coming up in learning and teaching at Macquarie.