A delicious way to enhance your teaching success.
* A dash of passion
* A pinch of curiosity
* A heap of dedication
* A helping of time
* A handful of free teaching development opportunities
1. Preheat your enthusiasm and keep it simmering throughout.
2. Combine your passion for teaching with a pinch of curiosity. Stir until well blended. This forms the foundation of your teaching journey.
3. Gradually fold in dedication, ensuring it’s evenly distributed. This commitment will sustain you through the process.
4. Now, it’s time to explore the world of free teaching development opportunities. See recipe notes below.
5. Sprinkle these opportunities generously into your teaching toolkit. Whether you’re a seasoned educator in need of a refresh or a newbie ready to embark on your teaching adventure, these resources will elevate your students’ learning experiences.
6. Mix everything together with a helping of time. Allow it to marinate, grow, and transform your teaching approach.
7. Serve your revitalised teaching.
1. Explore what you already have in the pantry:
2. Check out our MQ PD offerings and add some to your shopping basket:
- L&T Quick Guides provide bite sized chunks covering a range of learning and teaching topics.
- For meal-size offerings, try a self-paced teaching development module: Foundations for Inclusive Teaching, iLearn training, Introduction to the MQCMS, Active Learning, Design for Powerpoint, Feedback for Learning and more.
- Join Open for Observation to see what others have on their plates.
- Browse the full menu of all teaching development offerings.
- Raid the fridge to find Teaching development resources aligned with the Professional Learning and Capability Enhancement (PLaCE) Framework.
3. Try something new! There is a smorgasbord of external events and resources:
- Transforming Assessment webinar series (one hour sessions, recorded, roughly each month)
- Contemporary Approaches to University Teaching MOOC (includes multiple modules arranged into pathways for novice through to experienced teachers)
- MQ Coursera courses – Artificial Intelligence (AI) Education, Online learning and more
- Podcasts and newsletters including Needed now in teaching and learning, Future Campus
- CAULLT webinars – from the Council of Australasian University Leaders of Learning and Teaching
- HERDSA webinars – from the Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia
- ACODE workshops – from the Australasian Council on Open, Distance and e-Learning
- ASCILITE webinars – from the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education