The new series of Quick Guides on Learning and Teaching are one page summaries of theories and practices.
These guides will help unit convenors to respond to various sections when specifying a unit within the Macquarie Curriculum Management System (MQCMS).
The initial series includes:
- Constructive Alignment (defining and applying it)
- Feedback Methods (specifying how feedback will happen)
- Grade Descriptors (defining and applying grade descriptors to evaluate student performance)
- Informal Evaluation (finding out what students think of the unit using methods other than end of session surveys)
- Learning Outcomes (writing feasible learning outcomes)
- Student Participation (ways to encourage it)
- Student Workload (specifying how many hours)
- Unit Activities (specifying classes and learning activities)
- Unit Assessment (specifying how students will be assessed)
- Unit Guides (what must be included – writing good unit descriptions)
The guides provide jumping off points and links for further exploration.
Keep an eye out for more in the series via the Quick Guides for Learning and Teaching site .
If you are searching for help with iLearn, access these iLearn Quick Guides.
Acknowledgements – Banner Photo by SpaceX on Unsplash