Peer review of teaching is a valuable tool for the quality assurance and enhancement of teaching. A Macquarie-wide summative peer review process for professional learning and recognition is being developed to complement the formative peer review processes currently operating within Faculties.
The proposed process is designed to support the goals and targets of the Operating Plan 2020-2024 and the work of Program Board 1: Students First and to develop a culture of evaluating and evidencing teaching quality. It will align with the Professional Learning and Capability Enhancement (PLaCE) Framework and be recognised in workload models, promotion criteria and Performance Development Review (PDR) processes.
Read the Discussion Paper
The Peer Review of Teaching DISCUSSION PAPER provides the background and context for a summative peer review process. It includes draft resources for peer observation of synchronous teaching sessions, such as guidance notes, forms, workshops, and templates which are intended to guide and support staff through each step of the peer review process.
Provide your feedback (by 15 June)
We welcome your comments and questions on the discussion paper and draft resources.
Here’s all the ways you can provide your feeedback:
- Complete this anonymous Qualtrics survey
- Join a ZOOM focus group discussion with the opportunity to ask questions. Tuesday 8th June 1.30-2.30 via Zoom. Register here and we will send you a calendar invitation and the Zoom link.
- Come along to a FACE TO FACE focus group Wednesday 9th June 11.30-12.30 in the Senate Room, 16 Wally’s Walk, Room 127. No need to register – just turn up and we will be there.
- Submit a written response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for feedback is CoB Tuesday 15th June.
Specifically, we are seeking feedback on:
- A proposed process for selecting and accrediting reviewers (Qualtrics form) (Appendices to Discussion Paper)
- A proposed process for requesting summative peer review (Qualtrics form)
- A draft tool and guidance document to support observation of teaching (Appendices to Discussion Paper)
- Draft resources to support summative peer review of teaching processes (Appendices to Discussion Paper)