iLearn Insights is continuing to add new tools and reports to aid teaching staff in visualising unit information and communicating with students. Over the coming weeks we will be highlighting the new features that are available to all teaching staff. This post will highlight two new features:
- Tracking Student Completion of the Academic Integrity Module
- Comparing Past units delivered via iLearn
iLearn Insights can be accessed using your OneID and password at https://report.ilearn.mq.edu.au/insights and once there using your OneID and password to login.
Tracking Student Completion of the Academic Integrity Module
All staff and students at Macquarie are encouraged to complete the Academic Integrity Module(AIM) as part of their studies. https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/strategy-planning-and-governance/university-policies-and-procedures/policies/academic-integrity
Context of use:
To support this goal, we have created a report that allows teaching staff to quickly identify which students in your unit have completed the AIM. If you have not viewed the AIM it can be accessed here: https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/course/view.php?id=11590
Steps to access:
- Login to iLearn Insights https://report.ilearn.mq.edu.au/insights/login.php using your OneID details.
- Click “View unit report” for the unit you are interested in.
- Select the ‘Unit participants’ report at the top right hand corner of the page.
4. This will take you to a page where you can view information about the participants in your unit. The highlighted column in the image below displays the AIM module completion status for each student in your unit.
5. Apply the Academic integrity module completion to select all the students who have not completed the AIM
6. Click the ‘Compose messages before sending’ button at the bottom of the table to send an email to follow up with all the students who have not completed the module.
Related Article: Email students directly from your Insights dashboard
Comparing Past units delivered via iLearn
We have also created a report that can be used to compare statistics from past units delivered via iLearn.
Context of use:
To compare data trends in a unit offering with other offering(s) of that unit. The report is currently focused on course trends, but in future benchmarking can be extended to any activities in iLearn.
Steps to access:
This report can be accessed by accessing your unit report in iLearn Insights and selecting the ‘Compare past offerings’ report.
- Login to iLearn insights at https://report.ilearn.mq.edu.au using OneID details
- Click on the ‘view unit report’ button to view unit report home page.
- Select the ‘Compare past offerings ‘ report at the top right hand corner of the page
4. This will open a report that compares all the past offerings of the unit delivered using iLearn.
Feature request: If you are interested in other data comparisons feel free to use the Feedback and Feature Request tab in iLearn Insights to request an update to this report to make sure it includes the information you are interested in
We hope these two new features in iLearn Insights will be useful and look out for upcoming Teche posts highlighting more new features.
iLearn insights workshop: If you are interested in learning more about iLearn Insights please register and attend our workshop 7 February, 2019 @ 11:00AM – 12:00PM