Session 1 will be here before you know it(!), so here’s your guide to getting ready and where to find help if you need it.
- Department Administrators can allocate staff to S1 and Full Year 2019 units and notify Unit Convenors when this has happened. See Assigning Staff.
- Unit Convenors can activate (create) S1 and Full Year units via iTeach – see Activating An iLearn Space.
- Unit Guide publication deadline is two weeks before the start of Session i.e. Monday 11 February.
- There should only be one publicly available version of the Unit Guide. See Assessment Policy – Schedule 6 for Unit Guide Requirements.
- See how to add a link from your published Unit Guide to iLearn.
- What goes in your Unit Guide and what belongs in iLearn? See this past post.
4. Once Step 1 (above) is complete, you can begin to prepare and update your iLearn unit. This includes recreating all Turnitin assignments and ensuring that your Gradebook is correctly set up.
Search iLearn Staff Quickguides for information on setting up and using a wide range of iLearn tools. You may also like to include a link to the iLearn Student Guides in your iLearn unit to help students use relevant tools.
- Echo guides for help with lecture recordings and live streaming.
- Guide to Automatically Create Tutorial Groups in iLearn.
- Updated FOHS Minimum Standards for consistency of key information within and across Faculty iLearn units (see this past post for background information, but note that it contains the old version of the document).
FOR YOUR REFERENCE – POLICIES
MQ Assessment Policy:
Schedule 1 – Grading Requirements
Schedule 2 – Unit Assessment Requirements
Schedule 3 – Higher Degree Research Assessment Requirements
Schedule 4 – Final Examination Requirements
Schedule 5 – Moderation Requirements
Schedule 6 – Unit Guide Requirements
Academic Integrity policy
Schedule 1 – Shared Responsibility for Academic Integrity
Schedule 2 – Definitions of Academic Activities
See Policy Central for all University Policies.
Drop in Clinic
Great news! Drop In Clinic is back for Session 1 between 10am – 2pm. No need to book, just come in and get on-the-spot help with iLearn and related learning technologies. Dates and locations below:
Monday 11 February – Friday 15 February, 12 SW 204
Monday 18 February – Friday 22 February, 12 SW 204
Monday 25 February – Friday 1 March, 12 WW G 23
For urgent matters, email email@example.com. You can also reach Alex (Faculty Learning Designer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.