Macquarie has recently upgraded it’s institutional membership with the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE). Staff can now join ASCILITE for FREE! Further information about ASCILITE, who should join and the list of benefits are outlined below.
Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE) is a globally recognized and professionally connected community of professionals and academics working in fields associated with enhancing learning and teaching through the pedagogical use of technologies. They seek to shape the future of tertiary education in relation to technology enhanced learning by enabling and sharing high quality research, innovation and evidence-based technology-enhanced practices.
Who should join?
Researchers and teacher educators, learning designers, learning and teaching professional staff, web and media developers, learning and teaching leaders, senior managers responsible for institutional strategies and budgets that encompass the pedagogical use of digital technologies.
What are the benefits?
- Participation in an international community of experts and professionals in the educational use of technologies through conferences, newsletters and community events.
- Participation in special interest groups and communities of practice.
- Discounted registration to the highly acclaimed annual ASCILITE Conference.
- Eligibility for entry to the prestigious annual ASCILITE awards for exemplary use of educational technologies in tertiary education.
- Increased exposure to ASCILITE conference papers through open access proceedings.
- Increased exposure to refereed open access journal articles through ASCILITE’s highly regarded Australasian Journal of Educational Technology.
- Eligibility to participate in the Community Mentoring Program.
- Participation in CMALT, a unique professional accreditation scheme with group discounts available to institutions.
- Access to ASCILITE’s regular bulletin with information on national and international events, initiatives, funding and job opportunities.
- Participation in TELAS with discounts to members to attend Peer Review Workshops and priority given to members to enrol as Certified Reviewers.
How to join?
Please complete the ASCILITE Macquarie University Registration Form.
How much does it cost?
Its FREE (until December 2024 – when the current membership will expire).