The Offices of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous Strategy) and (Learning and Teaching) are offering grants to foster the development of innovative Indigenous learning and teaching practices. The embedding of Indigenous Knowledges and perspectives across the Macquarie University curriculum is a key priority of the Macquarie University Indigenous Strategy 2016-2025. The aim of the grants is to provide funding that can support the conceptualisation, collaboration, development and delivery of innovative practice and the advancement of scholarship and excellence in Indigenous learning and teaching.
- Develop innovative Indigenous curriculum, pedagogies or broader learning and teaching strategies/programs at unit and/or program level.
- Provide opportunities to enhance Indigenous student learning and teaching experience.
- Raise the profile of Indigenous learning and teaching as an important aspiration of the University’s Education Strategy.
- Share good practice in Indigenous learning and teaching across the University.
The duration of the grants will be up to 31 December 2022.
$3,000 to $10,000 per grant.
Expressions of interest (EOI)
Expressions of interest must be submitted via the Indigenous Learning and Teaching Grants EOI Form by Wednesday, 6 April, 5.00pm.
EOI must include the following:
- Provide evidence of collaborations, sustainability, and realistic outcomes relative to the proposal, including research data, current collaborations, developed plan, established project need and possible extension of practice or program to wider disciplines.
- Ability to articulate proposed outcomes that align with the aim of the Indigenous Learning and Teaching Grants.
- These outcomes must be quantifiable and of potential value to Indigenous learning and teaching at Macquarie University.
Assessment of EOI
An expert panel will determine a short list based on the EOI’s submitted. Short listed applicants will be invited to present a 10-minute overview of their proposed project. The panel will then adjudicate on the presentations decide on the successful applications and notify all applicants of their outcomes.
A detailed proposed budget is to be included in the application. Please note that grant funds cannot be used to “buy out” lecturing/teaching.
Obligations / Reporting of the Grant
This project will require:
- A mid-point and final report; and
- A presentation of the project outcomes at an Indigenous Learning and Teaching Symposium.
Staff who have further enquiries regarding these grants should contact Dr Joe Perry, Academic Director Indigenous Learning and Teaching via email@example.com
- Indigenous Learning and Teaching Grants Expression of Interest (EOI) Form
- Macquarie University Indigenous Strategy 2016-2025.
Image Credit: Walanga Muru Pavillion by Morris McLennan
The link to the EOI form doesn’t seem to be working.
I will email you and see what the problem is.