The Operations team provides support to the learning and teaching portfolio and “makes it all happen” from an operational and logistical perspective as well as managing key learning and teaching programs. The team’s role covers a wide range of activities from managing the TECHE blog (I highly suggest you subscribe to the fortnightly highlights email if you have not already) to administering the Vice-Chancellors Learning and Teaching Awards (these are currently open, applications close on 9 July). There are a wide range of other activities the team is responsible for (more details below) to ensure all teams in the portfolio are well supported to deliver their activities and implement their objectives. The team provides support across 5 principal areas:
- Operations support – day to day operations of the portfolio, administration, purchasing, governance, physical space, work health and safety, business process improvement and secretariat support.
- Finance – managing the budget for the portfolio and the procurement of goods and services.
- Events – managing learning and teaching events including the Vice-Chancellor’s learning and teaching awards and other events related to learning and teaching at MQ.
- Engagement – promotion of learning and teaching at MQ including engagement with the wider University community on all learning and teaching activities and management of the TECHE blog and the TEACH website.
- Program and Project Management – delivery of awards, prizes and grants and other ad hoc projects.
The team comprises:
- Asimo Krizan – Operations Coordinator – Queen of the One Drive!
- Carla Mirabilio – Administration Assistant – dotting I’s and crossing T’s
- Bonnie Ng – Business Process Support Officer – If you need assistance with a business process workflow – look no further!
- Phillip Raponi – Operations Manager – he might be the “loudest typer” in the team but relishes the opportunity to promote learning and teaching at MQ.
- Georgette Roumanos – Senior Administration Officer – has all the contacts and is “the Fixer” in the portfolio.
- Alexandra Velleley – Senior Administration Officer – passionate about improving the student experience.
Operations is a new team that was formed to bring together operations and administrative staff from various teams across the portfolio into one consolidated team. Some roles are new in the team while others are well established. The team is still finding its feet having recently finalised the recruitment for some of the new roles. The team is committed to establishing great processes and systems as well as forming great relationships with our key stakeholders across Macquarie. The team is also available to support other teams across the portfolio – please get in touch if we can be of assistance.
The team is still finding our natural rhythm, but we have recently started monthly team lunches to get to know each other and talk about things other than work! Due to our close location to the Macquarie Centre – this is becoming our destination of choice. Hot topics over recent weeks have been new grandchildren, team member’s children navigating the HSC and the ultimate Sydney hot topic – real estate.
The Operations team can now be contacted via our new email address LToperations@mq.edu.au