The University has released new resources to help students prepare for upcoming online exams.
New and updated exam resources for students
1) Preparing for online exams: The iLearn student resource “StudyWISE” has a new section on “Taking exams online” (MQ login required). This includes advice on:
- Knowing the task
- Understanding MQ Academic Integrity
- Understanding the task rules
- Preparing your exam space
- Preparing your computer
- Preparing your internet
- Getting yourself ready
General exam study advice is included along with reminders to abide by Macquarie University’s Student Code of Conduct, the Academic Integrity Policy, guidance on the ‘Fit to Sit’ model in the Special Consideration Policy and the availability of Macquarie University Student Wellbeing Services.
2) Academic integrity advice: The Academic Integrity student module has also been updated with specific advice on “Online exams & academic integrity” (MQ login required). This includes an overview of activities that are considered to be cheating in online exams and some research-informed reasons why one should not be tempted to cheat in online exams (we know cunning plans too!).
3) Online exam FAQs: The ‘exams‘ section of the student study pages has been updated with an extensive ‘Exams FAQ’ for students.
Let your students know
We encourage all staff to spread the word to students. Place links to the new StudyWISE ‘taking online exams’ section, the ‘online exams & academic integrity’ page and the updated Exam FAQs linked above within the “exam period assessment” section on iLearn unit sites.
Comments and suggestions for other useful online exam study resources are welcome. 🙂