Session 3 is nearly here – it begins on Monday 2 December to be precise. Here’s some information about how and what to prepare and how to seek help.
- Create (activate) iLearn unit and publish Unit Guide
- Unit Guides should be published at least two weeks before the start of Session i.e. by Monday 18th November.
- There should be one publicly available version of the Unit Guide only (see Assessment Policy – Schedule 6).
- See how to add a link from your published Unit Guide to iLearn.
- What goes in your Unit Guide and what belongs in iLearn? See this past post.
2. Prepare your iLearn unit
Some aspects of your unit will roll over from the past instance of the unit (‘set and forget’), but others need some attention every session. For example, Turnitin assignments must be recreated from scratch each time, and as a result, Gradebook will normally need a few tweaks too.
If you need assistance setting up a task, please factor in enough lead time when requesting help to give Learning Designers time to work with you and to ensure that everything is finalised before students start to submit.
Contact email@example.com for help with setting up any aspect of your unit – even if you’ve set things up and simply want a Learning Designer to check that everything looks OK.
A few useful links:
- See iLearn Staff Quickguides for information on iLearn tools.
- iLearn Student Guides can be added to your unit to help students use tools in iLearn and access grades / feedback.
- Leganto, a new unit reading management system, was rolled out across FHS in Session 2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (02) 9850 7551 for help with Unit Readings.
Finally, Session 3 brings some unique challenges in relation to unit design and delivery in compressed format. If you need some #inspo in these areas, check out this past post.
3. Help and support options
As above, you can contact your Faculty Learning Designers Alex and Jaana for questions about the design and delivery of your Session 3 units: email@example.com. You can also contact the iLearn support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: During the Christmas shutdown, please include both email addresses above when seeking help.