The Library is expanding the use of the new reading list management system, Leganto. The easy-to-use interface allows the unit convenor, students and librarian to collaborate in the creation, management and evaluation of reading lists.
If you are a unit convenor planning your unit for Session 2, you are encouraged to register for a training session here. Access to Leganto and instructions for building your reading list can be found in the guide.
Leganto offers unit convenors:
- Reading lists that are easy to create, annotate, manage and update
- Flexible layout which allows lists to be organised by week, topic, or theme
- Easy inclusion of multimedia, web resources, blogs and other media types
- Integration with MultiSearch providing a simple workflow for adding library resources
- Student engagement via ‘liking’, commenting on, and suggesting additional readings
- Online anywhere anytime editing
- Library management of copyright compliance
- The ‘eye’ icon, providing a quick count of how many times a reading has been viewed
During two successful pilot’s unit convenors have emphasised Leganto’s ease of use, clarity for students, and time-saving features:
“Use it, it has made it much easier for students to access readings, and subsequently more students have been coming to class prepared.” Pilot Participant
Unit readings that are available in Leganto are no longer stored in iShare; links to these records will no longer work. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
Information provided by Heather Cooper from the Library