The Teaching Induction Program (TIP) is a self-paced iLearn unit with modules that are useful for those who are new to teaching. It’s especially valuable for tutors. You can self enrol here for Session 2, 2019: https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/course/view.php?id=34966
To be awarded a TIP Certificate, you must complete the following activities and provide evidence of your work as outlined below.
(Please note: This information applies to staff in the Faculty of Human Sciences. If you’re interested in finding out more about TIP completion requirements in other Faculties, contact your Faculty Learning and Teaching team.)
If you’re new to Macquarie:
- Read the Faculty induction materials emailed to you.
- Complete the self-enrolment iLearn unit IND 100 Casual Academic Staff Induction to Admin and L&T
- Complete MQ Health and Safety Induction: https://mq.elmotalent.com.au/learning/course-catalogue
All TIP participants:
- Complete at least three workshops from the online TIP offerings and print the relevant completion certificates. The following workshop is mandatory: iLearn Basics and Turnitin GradeMark
- Complete at least two hours of any of the following:
- Attend a special Faculty of Human Sciences L&T Committee meeting: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting dates.
- Complete additional online TIP workshops/ modules
- Participate in learning and teaching events or workshops – advertised on Teche or via And Gladly email
- Get involved in department teaching and learning or curriculum development activities
- Complete Lynda.com or Coursera (or similar.)
Optional activities for further development:
- Peer observation of teaching (formative)
- Complete Contemporary Approaches to University Teaching MOOC
- Apply for HEA/ Advance HE fellowship (read more)