Here it is – your Session 2 essentials checklist. Don’t forget to put the drop in clinic information in your calendar now!
Department Administrators can allocate staff to Session 2 units and notify Unit Convenors accordingly. See Assigning Staff.
Unit Convenors can then activate (create) S2 units via iTeach – see Activating An iLearn Space.
- Unit Guide publication deadline is two weeks before the start of Session i.e. Monday 15th July.
- There should only be one publicly available version of the Unit Guide. See Assessment Policy – Schedule 6 for Unit Guide Requirements.
- See how to add a link from your published Unit Guide to iLearn.
- What goes in your Unit Guide and what belongs in iLearn? See this past post.
Once assigned to their unit/s, Unit Convenors can begin to prepare and update their iLearn unit. This includes recreating all Turnitin assignments, which needs to be done every session.
- Contact Faculty Learning Designers at the start of session to set up your Gradebook so it’s ready to go before your first assessment task is due.
- Search iLearn Staff Quickguides for information on setting up and using a wide range of iLearn tools.
- You may also like to include a link to the iLearn Student Guides to help students use relevant tools and access grades/feedback.
- Echo guides for help with lecture recordings and live streaming.
- Guide to Automatically Create Tutorial Groups in iLearn.
- FHS Minimum Standards for consistency of key information within and across Faculty iLearn units (see this past post for background information, but note that it contains the old version of the document).
A NOTE ON UNIT READINGS
Leganto is the new unit reading management system rolling out across the Faculty in Session 2. See training and support information, as well as contact details if you have further questions in this past post.
FOR YOUR REFERENCE – UNIVERSITY POLICIES
(See Policy Central for all MQ Policies.)
MQ Assessment Policy:
Schedule 1 – Grading Requirements
Schedule 2 – Unit Assessment Requirements
Schedule 3 – Higher Degree Research Assessment Requirements
Schedule 4 – Final Examination Requirements
Schedule 5 – Moderation Requirements
Schedule 6 – Unit Guide Requirements
Academic Integrity policy*
Schedule 1 – Shared Responsibility for Academic Integrity
Schedule 2 – Definitions of Academic Activities
*Find out more about FHS process for possible breaches of the Academic Integrity policy.
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY MODULE
The Academic Integrity Module will be trialled again this session in all 100-level FHS units. Check out this post for more information and email iLearn help (see below) if you have questions or concerns.
Drop in Clinic
The drop in clinic is back for Session 2. No need to book, just come in and get on-the-spot help with iLearn and related learning technologies.
Drop in is open 10am – 2pm, Monday to Friday at these dates and locations:
15 – 19 July, 12SW Room 204
22 – 26 July, 12SW Room 204
29 July – 2 August, 12WW Room G23
Email support and appointments
Contact Faculty Learning Designers Alex Thackray and Jaana Shaw for learning technologies support at email@example.com.
To report technical issues and/or request Faculty support (Alex and Jaana will also receive these), email firstname.lastname@example.org.