Humility is one of the core values of Australian culture (Coombs-Richardson & Tolson, 2005).

While humility IS a great virtue, it does hold back some deserving educators from seeking recognition. We’ve all seen such people.

‘What? Putting myself up for an award? No. Surely, there are more deserving people out there.’

If you know any great, but humble educators who quietly do amazing things for students, please let us know! Appreciation for great work needs to be recognised!

And, good news, it only takes 2-3 minutes to do so. Nominate your peers for a VC’s Learning & Teaching Award by filling in this short form.

And because we know that you are probably humble too, we won’t reveal your identity to your colleague (unless you’d like us to). We’ll tell them that they’ve been put forward by a colleague and invite them to apply for the award.

So let’s exercise another Australia core value (mateship) and help our colleagues get recognized!

The deadline for peer nominations is 8 July 2019.

Coombs-Richardson, R., & Tolson, H. (2005). A comparison of values rankings for selected American and Australian teachers. Journal of Research in International Education, 4(3), 263-277. doi:10.1177/1475240905057805

Posted by Olga Kozar

I'm a 'long-term' Mq girl. I did my PhD here and taught different courses, ranging from undergrad to PhD students. I then joined the Learning Innovation Hub, which I love. I'm passionate about good learning and teaching. Give me a shout if I can assist you in any way.