The Special Consideration Policy and associated process came into force from Session 3, 2017.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The key changes from the academic staff perspective are:
- Most applications will be approved at the administrative (Faculty Student Centre) level. Cases will only be referred to academic staff as needed.
- The student’s attachments (supporting evidence) are now hidden from view after initial review for “serious and unavoidable”.
- Each application will be assigned a unique case number and will be sent to you separately.
- There are three additional options for you to choose from when selecting a remedy.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Read the Outcomes Schedule in the approved policy.
- Notify the Faculty Student Centre of your assessment due dates and feedback to student dates (if not already indicated in the your Unit Guide).
- Notify the Faculty Student Centre when you require reports of approved Special Consideration applications.
The process will be reviewed at the end of Session 1 2018. Feedback on what works and what doesn’t will be fed into this review process.