When it comes to finding reliable information resources, what do your students need?
- A ‘map’ of key resources in your discipline?
- Help in using Library tools for finding and using information?
- Referencing guides and tools to manage citations correctly?
Find all that, and more, in the Library’s online Subject and Research Guides. Affectionately known as ‘LibGuides’, they provide ‘anywhere, anytime’ advice developed for the MQ community. Many have been co-designed with teaching staff to address the specific needs of their students.
How-to guides on key topics
There are How-to guides on:
- essential tools such as MultiSearch and Leganto
- ‘subject pathfinders’ that highlight core resources in your subject area
- specialised information sources such as locating company and business information
- research support covering key topics such as systematic reviews and strategic publishing
- And most popular of all, guides on referencing styles and referencing management software
Freshly updated and accessible anytime
The entire suite of Subject and Research Guides underwent a significant refresh in time for Session 2, incorporating:
- feedback from students regarding what they expected to find and what information they found most useful.
- a refreshed layout and clearer navigation to provide a more consistent experience.
- links throughout to related skill-building content in StudyWISE (log in via iLearn).
Take a look for yourself and see what’s there for your discipline
How to make the most of these Library Guides in your unit
- Add links to relevant guides in your iLearn unit—on assessment pages, in task instructions and even in your marking rubrics.
- Open the guides in class and give students a quick ‘guided tour’ so they understand the value of these resources.
- Can’t find a Guide that exactly fits your needs? Contact a Research Librarian in your discipline to discuss the resource and skill needs of your classes.
More information about Library services for teaching
Visit the Library teaching support site for resources, services and expert advice to support an enriched learning and teaching experience.
Please contact Vanessa Todd, Library Services Coordinator – email@example.com
Banner image: Chris Stacey