A review of the current Student Experience Surveying (SES) Policy and Procedure has been underway since May. A review group was established by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching), Professor Dominique Parrish to revise this important University Policy and Procedure.
The review has incorporated several key activities including:
- Benchmarking and analysis of the student survey policies of 22 Australian Universities.
- Updating the Student Survey Schedule in consultation with key stakeholders across Macquarie.
- Drafting a new Student Survey Policy and Procedure and reframing this policy to the Student Survey Policy and Procedure.
- Development of a Student Survey Calendar.
A summary of some of the key changes in the revised draft Student Survey Policy and Procedure are outlined below:
- Clearly defined account of the student surveys in scope for the revised Policy and Procedure.
- Categorisation of student surveys into 4 main classifications and ensuring there is clear information regarding the implementation and management of each survey classification.
- Clarification of the responsibilities of key MQ stakeholders involved in the administration and utilisation of student surveys.
- Creation of a new process and supporting tools to manage non-core student surveys.
- Revised protocols for the administration of Learning and Teaching surveys such as the timing of surveys, reporting and strategies to maximise student engagement.
- Inclusion of information on how the data collected in surveys will be stored and managed in accordance with Privacy legislation.
- Updating information to ensure MQ survey practices adhere to the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021 particularly under Section 5 “Institutional Quality Assurance”.
Your feedback on the revised draft Student Survey Policy and Procedure, which is now available on the Policy Central Bulletin Board would be greatly appreciated. The deadline for all feedback is 5pm, Friday 22 October 2021.
Whether you are a member of staff or student, please take 10-15 minutes to review the revised draft Student Survey Policy and Procedure and Have your say!
Banner Image: Adam Scarf