A shiny new assessment policy was launched on 1 July 2021. A number of policies were merged to a new assessment policy and the accompanying procedures. The new policy applies to assessments offered in Session 2 2021 and beyond. Some of the key changes and links to further guidance on each are:
- Approval by faculty board will be required for final examination duration over 2 hours (writing time).
- Changed weighting of ‘group mark’ limits from 50% of each assessment to 30% of the unit total.
- Provide feedback to students prior to a subsequent task due date – this can be formal or informal, directed to individuals or groups.
- Clarification of when assessment marking criteria and standards need to be provided to students.
- More guidance on defining student workload (hours) for assessments and assessment weighting.
- Changes to grade appeal grounds and submission deadlines.
- Faculty based standardisation of penalties for late assessment submission.
Further details of what staff need to know and do to get ready for each of the above are available by following the links.
Note: Information correct as at date of article publication. Always check Policy Central for the up to date versions of all policies.