A new and shiny assessment policy is set to launch on 1 July 2021. A number of policies have been merged to a new assessment policy and accompanying procedures. The new policy will apply to assessments offered in Session 2 2021. Some of the key changes are:
- Approval by faculty board will be required for final examination duration over 2 hours (writing time).
- Changed weighting of ‘group mark’ limits from 50% of each assessment to 30% of the unit total.
- Provide feedback to students prior to a subsequent task due date – this can be formal or informal, directed to individuals or groups.
- Clarification of when assessment marking criteria and standards need to be provided to students.
- More guidance on defining student workload (hours) for assessments and assessment weighting.
- Changes to grade appeal grounds and submission deadlines.
Further details of what staff need to know and do to get ready will be coming soon.