Amidst general excitement about the opening of the new courtyard teaching and student spaces, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) recorded a briefing last week for Unit Convenors, providing essential information for teaching in Session 1.
DVC (A) Mariella Herberstein was joined by Sean Brawley (PVC Programs and Pathways), Belinda Tiffen (University Librarian), Agnes Bosanquet (Director, Learning & Teaching Staff Development), Mathew Hillier (e-Assessment Academic) and Amanda Parker (Learning Enhancement Manager).
This is what was discussed in the briefing::
- The information that has been made available to students about learning in Session 1.
- The student landscape for S1 (how many on campus versus online students).
- An update on the teaching support services provide by the library.
- Professional development programs and resources for teaching.
- Getting help with learning technology and how to test your iLearn unit by accessing a student view.
- What’s happening with exams in S1, an update on the online exam invigilation trials conducted last year plus the importance of the role of Unit Convenor in the creation of quality exams.
Access the briefing
For all the information, listen to the Zoom recording Student and Staff Success in Session 1 (note: jump to 4:28 minutes for the actual start of the recording).
Key links and Q&A
View the slides containing key links as well as responses to questions raised by staff in the briefing.