If you’re anything like us in the Learning Innovation Hub Strategy team, you came back to work with a feeling of initial inertia: ‘really, are the holidays already over?’, followed quickly by moving into a ‘better get ourselves organised ahead of another huge year’… Finding motivation can be challenging, although a new year (and decade!) is a useful prompt for personal and professional reflection, and the following big-ticket items (among others) will offer us opportunities for contemplation, discussion and activation:
- The launch of the Learning and Teaching Strategic Framework 2020-2024 – Enhancing student learning to maximise future success in the first half of 2020.
- The Professional Learning and Capability Enhancement (PLaCE) framework in practice – and how it will be used to guide and inform the development and provision of professional learning and recognition of staff. Activity planning will continue through to the end of Q1 2020. Queries can be directed here.
- Educating for Success: 2020, an interactive and participative conference-style event for Macquarie’s teaching community will take place on Thursday 6 February 2020. More information and registration link here.
- The redevelopment of the Teaching section of Macquarie’s staff portal. Based on benchmarking and user focus groups and interviews with key stakeholders (including upward of 60 Faculty, School and College staff) in 2019, we have a draft information architecture available upon request, and are formalising a project plan to commence the site’s redevelopment and engagement opportunities.
- The transition from paper-based to online student experience surveys (unit and teacher) and some associated TEDS service and resource enhancements.
In 2020, the Learning Innovation Hub teams will work more closely than ever with the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching to more effectively coordinate support for Macquarie’s teaching community with focus and emphasis on improving the experience of teaching and learning. This will include improved communications and events planning to share best practice, experiences, good reading, announcements, tools and tips – etc.
Our success in these endeavours relies, in part, upon on our courage to seek and constructively engage with feedback from you, more regularly – we want to make sure we’re on the right track, so please share your views.