How do you make dry content like Academic Integrity exciting and relevant to students? One innovative academic at University of Technology, Sydney, has created an Academic Integrity boardgame.

UTS-based Amanda White exudes contagious energy and enthusiasm. Talking to her is like having a double shot of espresso (seriously!), so it’s not surprising that she decided to tackle what could otherwise be a dry and boring topic in an exciting way.

The board game that Amanda has created takes students through some common academic misconduct scenarios and teaches students about the consequences of cheating.

More about Amanda and her game:

We at Macquarie are in luck: Amanda will be showcasing her game at the Festival of Assessment here at Macquarie North Ryde campus on 17 April 2019.

So why not register for the middle section of the festival to catch Amanda showing her boardgame? (Macquarie staff are welcome to register for all three sessions!)

Given that Amanda’s game is open-source and can be used by anybody, this session can be a turning point in how you teach Academic Integrity to your students. I’ll definitely be there, and hope to see you there too!

Posted by Olga Kozar

I'm a 'long-term' Mq girl. I did my PhD here and taught on different courses, ranging from 1st year to PhD students. I now work in Learning and Teaching, which I love. I have 2 young kids and a dog, and I love meeting other Mq people, so give me a shout if you'd like to talk 'learning and teaching' or would like to brainstorm together.