The team at Campus Wellbeing has launched CareWise, an iLearn unit providing wellbeing information and support for Macquarie employees. After the success of WellbeingWise, an iLearn unit to support students through their university journey, and feedback from staff, they decided it important to make resources more accessible for staff.
Dr Benjamin Wilkes, Manager, Allied Health, designed the unit after positive feedback on the student version, WellbeingWise. You can expect various helpful resources from CareWise including videos, tip sheets and links to skill building resources.
The resources explore:
- How a staff member can respond when they suspect a student or colleague is unwell.
- How to respond to violent behaviour from staff/students or members of the community.
- Understanding student mental health and wellbeing.
- Employee self-care options and strategies for resilience.
- Supporting students at all stages, including Higher degree research.
Macquarie also provides a free confidential counselling, coaching and wellbeing service, called the Employee Assistance Program, for staff and their immediate family members.
Keep an eye out for HR workshops on health and wellbeing throughout the year and if you can’t find what you’re after on the portal or if the materials don’t work, get in touch with Campus Wellbeing and they can point you in the right direction.