- Successful roll-out of FOHS Survival Guide – an iLearn unit designed to smooth students’ transition into their first year at university with our faculty which reached an astounding 19217 student views.
- PACE delivered on its Strategic Priority grant to develop a competency-based approach to embedding employability in curriculum, including a model for cross-Faculty engagement. They are also working with the Practice-based curriculum taskforce to develop recommendations for introducing a practice-based curriculum to embed employability in curriculum.
- The introduction of the new student-nominated award for learning and teaching to recognise and reward outstanding teaching in the Faculty in line with Learning 2020’s 2017 focus on student feedback. See the list of award winners.
- Peer Review of Teaching across the Faculty is now in place. Meet the peer review leaders in the Departments.
- With Learning 2020’s focus on assessment in 2017, Linguistics has undertaken a Faculty assisted project on the use of reflection in assessment, initially focused on assessment changes over the last 3 years. Videos have been created to be used as a resource for professional development and reflective practice.
- A Faculty-wide Student Unit Representative pilot program will be launched in Session 1, 2018 as the first stage towards a student/staff partnership agreement. Students will partner with convenors in the sharing of feedback, learning new skills and improving the overall student experience for their cohort.