Prowise devices (touchscreens and personal devices) and presenter tool facilitate the design and delivery of technology-enhanced interactive education. We’ve recently acquired some touchscreens in the Department of Educational Studies to support teacher education.
So what can you do with Prowise, the Prowise Presenter, Prowise Touchscreens, Prowise ProConnect app, the Prowise ProWrite pen, and the ProQuiz?
Here’s our quickguide:
- Getting Started
- Prepare and Present
1. Getting Started
Existing MQ staff will have received an email notification with details about accessing your Prowise account. If not, contact Faculty IT via firstname.lastname@example.org. New MQ staff should also contact Faculty IT for access.
(a) Explore the Prowise website.
(b) Bookmark the Prowise website login page.
(c) Download the Prowise Presenter software.
Create classroom presentations and activities using the Prowise Presenter software on your computer (see 1 c above) or login to Prowise to create online:
(a) View the Prowise Presenter Crash Course videos (playlist).
(b) View the Prowise Presenter Basic Functions videos (playlist) to learn about:
- user settings
- the toolbar
- setting a background, adding media and tools
(c) View the Prowise Presenter Tools videos (playlist) to learn about:
- how to create mindmaps, timelines, quizzes, flashcards and more
- competition and cooperation using ProConnect
(d) View the Prowise Presenter File Management videos (playlist) to learn how to:
- save, open, and share your presentation
Students can participate on their device using either:
– the ProConnect app
– the ProConnect webpage
3. Prepare and Present
Before the live class, review how to manage the lesson using the Prowise ProConnect app and the Prowise Touchscreen.
(a) View the ProConnect videos (playlist) to learn how to:
- start a ProConnect group
- register devices and manage participants
- screen share and live connection
- activate voting, and analyse and save results
(b) View presenter instructional videos
(c) Read Prowise Touchscreen guides (incl. FAQs and manual) and view videos (playlist) to learn:
- about the touchscreen features
- how to activate and deactivate the ProWrite pen.
- View Maths and Prowise with Ramsay Melhuish (19:40)
For more information:
- View all Prowise Instruction videos (playlist).
For technical support:
- Email Faculty IT via OneHelp.
For pedagogical use:
- Email email@example.com