Here are some ideas to guide your progress through the Learning and Teaching Scholarship domain of the Professional Learning and Capability Enhancement (PLaCE) Framework:
- Apply for a Learning & Teaching award
- Become a fellow of Advance HE
- Contribute to literature in learning and teaching – get published
- Mentor colleagues in SoTL
Become a leader of Learning & Teaching Scholarship:
|Apply:||Apply for a learning & teaching award: |
– Review these forms of evidence for a teaching award.
– Visit the MQ award writing website.
– View details about the Vice Chancellor’s Learning & Teaching Awards as well as external L&T awards.
Apply for Advance HE membership:
– Review MQ Advance HE fellowship opportunities.
|Publish:||Discover what makes a quality SoTL publication – what to do, what not to do when publishing L&T papers. (TECHE post).|
|Mentor:||Start a SoTL group in your Department/ Faculty.|
Support colleagues to apply for a learning and teaching award or Advance HE fellowship.
|Volunteer:||Volunteer to review SOTL papers in your discipline or get on the editorial board of SOTL journals in your discipline (refer to this SOTL journal directory).|
If you would like support to create a personalised professional development plan to enhance your teaching capability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org