29 November, 2023
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Student belonging is broadly considered to be a positive foundation for students’ well-being and success at university.
This webinar presents research funded by the Society for Research in Higher Education (SRHE) and considers:
- a brief history of belonging research in higher education
- how students experience and create multiple belongings
- how calls for integrated, uniform, approaches to building belonging in universities are unhelpful
- the situated and political ways in which students make and curate meaningful and purposeful connections and safe spaces.
- how individual learners often enact belonging in ways that disrupt or challenge institutional assumptions and expectations.
This free webinar is offered by the Centre for Research in Assessment and Digital Learning (CRADLE).