The 2020 LEAP Partnership Engagement Grant Scheme (PEGS) is now open for application, with the Office for the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Programs and Pathways) allocating up to $200,000 under the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP). LEAP PEGS seeks to encourage initiatives that focus on undergraduate low socio economic status (SES) students by encouraging their entry to university or supporting their retention, success and completion.
Widening Participation 2020 Pilot Priority Areas
Listed below are areas of priority as identified by the HEPPP guidelines:
- Initiatives that can demonstrate positive influence upon the aspiration, engagement and preparedness of low SES prospective students, who may not otherwise consider university as a viable choice;
- Initiatives that enhance the transition and retention of undergraduate low SES students at Macquarie University; and
- Initiatives that enhance the success rate of undergraduate low SES students at Macquarie University.
- Staff interested in applying will need to consult with their Head of Department /Unit to obtain endorsement
- Endorsed project ideas (1 page max.) must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than February 29th, 2020
- Applicants will pitch their ideas (3 mins max.) to a Widening Participation panel on March 6th, 2020
- Panel-supported applications will then be asked to submit a full application, including itemised budget and project evaluation plan, by March 16th, 2020
- Project budget should be between $20,000 – $50,000
- Annual progress and financial reports will be required to meet Commonwealth HEPPP reporting requirements
- All funding given for the 2020 LEAP – Partnership Engagement Grant Scheme must be spent by December 2020
Should you have any queries or require more information, please contact Stuart Upton at email@example.com