The Teaching Induction Program (TIP) is a self-paced iLearn unit
with modules that are useful for those that are new to teaching. It is
especially valuable for tutors.
Enrol for 2019 here: https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/course/view.php?id=34966
To be awarded a TIP Certificate you must complete the following activities and provide evidence of your work:
If you are new to Macquarie:
- Read the Faculty induction materials emailed to you.
- Complete the self-enrolment iLearn unit IND 100 Casual Academic Staff Induction to Admin and L&T
- Complete MQ Health and Safety Induction: https://mq.elmotalent.com.au/learning/course-catalogue
All TIP participants:
- Complete at least three workshops from the online TIP offerings and print the relevant completion certificates. The following workshop is required: iLearn basics and Turnitin GradeMark
- Complete at least two hours of any of the following activities:
- Attend special Faculty L&T Committee meeting: 2nd May 2019, 12pm – 2:30pm, 12WW 803. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete additional online TIP workshops/ modules
- Participate in learning and teaching events or workshops – advertised on Teche or via And Gladly email
- Get involved in department teaching and learning or curriculum development activities
- Complete Lynda.com or Coursera or similar.
Optional activities for further development:
- Peer observation of teaching (formative)
- Complete Contemporary Approaches to University Teaching MOOC
- Apply for HEA/ Advance HE fellowship (read more on Teche blog)