iLearn Drop-in Clinic opens next week
The iLearn Drop-in Clinic is back for Session 1, 2018 where help is on hand for all things iLearn. It will be open 10am – 2pm weekdays from 12th February – 2rd March 2018.
Drop in any time at the following locations:
Monday 12 – Friday 16 February: 12SW 204 (formally C5A 204)
Monday 19 – Friday 23 February: 12SW 204 (formally C5A 204)
Monday 26 February – Friday 2 March: 12WW G23 (formally E7A G23)
- Log into iLearn to build your iLearn space.
- Remember to link your Unit Guide from iLearn.
- Need iLearn Help? Email email@example.com, visit the iLearn Drop-in Clinic, visit iLearn quick guides, or contact your Faculty Learning Designer.
- Use iTeach to edit and publish your Unit Guide. Students can view published unit guides at unitguides.mq.edu.au
- Activate your iLearn space in iTeach. In iTeach you can create your unit for Session 1, add students and other teaching staff, and set access dates.
- Visit iTeach guides for more information.
- Has your reading list been sent to the library so that texts can be located in Unit Readings and Reserve? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecture Recordings, Personal Capture and Live Streaming
- Echo360 ALP automatically records all timetabled ‘lectures’ or ‘seminars’ (not repeat lectures) in venues that support automatic recording (check here). If not, you can make a booking to record your lectures. If in doubt, please submit a OneHelp request.
- Echo360 ALP will automatically live stream any lectures with enrolments of more than 150 (180 for Arts) students, which will involve approximately 5,500 students this session. Live streaming workshops are available in the lead up to S1. Check the Teche events page for dates and to register. If you have any questions or queries about live streaming conditions, please speak to your Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching or your Faculty L&T support teams.
- Add the Echo360 ALP Block in iLearn to make live streams and recordings available to students.
- Note: If you are re-using past or pre-recorded lectures from previous years, please submit a OneHelp request to have them enabled for use in 2018.
Teaching Venues and AV
Visit the 2018 Timetables page to view your unit’s timetable. Click the location name (noting changes to campus location names) to see the room’s profile including size, equipment and access details. For any timetable or room issues, please contact your Faculty Timetable Officer.
Please check you know how to use the AV equipment in your teaching space. Always make sure to follow the instructions provided at the teaching desk. For help, phone the number displayed in the room, or use the contact details shown in the room’s profile page on the Timetable. If in doubt, check with AVTS.
Teaching in a computer lab? Please also check the right software has been loaded by the local IT manager.
TEDS Student Surveys are available to order from Week 1 of Session. For more information please contact Michael Marston.
What’s new for Session 1 2018
Class group sync is available for all units for Session 1 2018. Class groups created in AMIS will now be automatically synced daily with iLearn. This means iLearn groups will no longer need to be manually populated.
The LIH is currently rolling out a number of technology pilots and are looking for interested participants in the use of these technologies. These pilots include:
- H5P – H5P is an interactive content publishing tool that allows the creation and publication in iLearn of interactive content including interactive videos, drag and drop activities, presentations, image hotspots and collages and many more.
- Personalised Learning Designer (PLD) – PLD allows the automation of communication between academics and students by creating rules inside your course that will trigger communications to students.
- If you are interested in either of these new technologies please contact your Faculty Learning Designers or submit a OneHelp request.
Please make use of the resources listed above and feel free to search Teche (click “Explore” in the top right corner) for other articles relating to the beginning of session.