A quick reminder that the Faculty of Human Sciences is rolling out live lecture streaming in Session 1, 2018. A few key points:
- Live streaming will be enabled in venues supporting automatic recording across campus for lectures of over 80 students.
- You don’t need to do anything special for this to happen – just deliver your lecture as usual.
- Video cameras will be turned off by default for Human Sciences units.
- If you have any doubt about whether your lecture will be streamed, or any aspect of the live streaming system, you can submit a help request (see below).
- You have the option of using the additional features in Active Learning Platform, notably the interactive lecture slides. The idea behind these features is to make lectures more engaging for students.
- If your unit is not currently scheduled to live stream automatically, you can enable this by submitting a request to opt-in.
Training and support:
- Check Teche Events for staff workshops.
- Bookmark the staff guides.
- Refer students to the student guides. You may also wish to add this .pdf article for students into your iLearn unit.
- Ask a how to or technical question by emailing email@example.com; you can also contact your Faculty’s Learning Designers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pedagogical questions? Email email@example.com.