The Library is unveiling a new look for MultiSearch on Monday December 4, 2017.

You can preview the new look now and give feedback.

Why are we doing this?

The new interface is easier to navigate, offers new features and is mobile device friendly. The core functionality of MultiSearch will not change.

What’s new?

• Full details for each item in your results list is now displayed on one page
    • Options for saving and exporting are more easily visible
    • MyLibrary now allows you to sort your loans by due date and provides an overview page
    • e-Shelf has been renamed “My Favourites” and is located under the pin icon. Sign-in to save items to My Favourites by clicking the pin icon
    • It is now possible to select multiple filters to include or exclude items from your search results and lock filters so they stay active for all searches until you leave MultiSearch
    • Resource Recommender which suggests databases, relevant Subject and Research Guides or other relevant resources at the top of your search results

Do I need to do anything?

Update any bookmarks to point the new MultiSearch after December 4, 2017.

Saved searches and alerts will not be transferred across to the new interface. You will need to re-create these again and save them as a saved query in My Favourites. Instructions will be available on December 4, 2017.

Where can I get help or find out more?

More details available here.

Contact your Research Librarian.

Posted by Abigail Baker

Abigail is a Research Librarian for the Faculty of Science and Engineering.