28 August, 2018
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
16WW 310 Senate Room
Do you know the golden rules of writing exams?
Exams are a major part of assessment in Science and Engineering: we should put some effort into getting them right and giving our students the best possible chance of demonstrating their learning. The workshop will be led by AD L&T James Downes, who has headed Physics exams for the HSC, with other experienced examiners from the faculty.
What it will cover:
- The golden rules of good exams
- Designing for success – well-structured exams that objectively test student ability
- Writing questions that students know how to answer: the language of exams
- Who are we writing exams for? Student diversity and reflecting our community
- Own exam papers + unit guide and learning outcomes
- Laptop or tablet – some laptops will be made available