18 July, 2023
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
A webinar presented by Turnitin & ASCILITE
A growing body of research suggests that assessing the process of learning, rather than just the final product, is the best way to prevent academic misconduct. Authentic assessments, which involve real-world applications and student presence, can promote deep learning while minimising the risk of misconduct.
This presentation will explore effective strategies to deter academic misconduct and specifically, contract cheating and AI-based ghostwriting showcasing three award-winning examples of authentic assessments from RMIT University and Griffith University. It will cover:
- How to incorporate authentic assessments in business courses
- Using experiential learning to mitigate academic misconduct
- Engaging with the industry to design problem-based assessments
- Harnessing digital designs to improve academic integrity at scale (e.g. VR and video-based pitch)
- How to use a reliable framework for designing scaffolded authentic assessments that supports academic integrity, student engagement and employability skills.